Time & Location
Apr 01, 2022, 5:00 PM MDT – Apr 03, 2022, 11:00 AM MDT
Colorado Springs, Colorado Springs, CO 80904, USA
About the Event
Recharge & Refresh
A curated semi-private retreat designed for and centering Black, Brown and Indigenous women.
Are you feeling tired and overwhelmed? Are you pouring from an empty cup? You are not alone. The last couple of years has increased anxiety in us all, in particular Black, Brown and Indigenous women. Existing on the margins takes a toll not only on your mental and emotional health, it often makes itself known within our physical bodies. Remember, Caring for yourself is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation. It is Your birthright. You deserve it. Do you need to regain balance in your life? Do you need to find your joy again? Do you need time to intentionally and unapologetically put yourself first? Then this curated retreat is just for you.
Exploring practices like Hatha/Vinyasa Flow, Yin, Restorative, Guided Meditation and Nidra. We will gather Friday between 5:00 and 5:45 to settle into our guest home with an intention circle followed by reflective space and dinner. We’ll close with a restorative yoga and guided meditation practice. Saturday we will rise with a Soul flow, designed to help you rebalance and recenter so that you can remember who the ‘eff’ you are.. After a nutritious breakfast and some individual ‘me time’ we’ll reconvene for a workshop on creativity and liberation. After lunch you’ll have to option of a walking meditation at Garden of the Gods or a visit to a mineral water soaking spa surrounded by the mountains of Manitou Springs, at the foot of Pikes Peak. Saturday will close with dinner, a sister circle journal session that will lead into an evening Yin flow and Nidra session. Sunday enjoy a moving meditation of Surya Namaskar with breakfast and our closing sister circle before departing.
This is a space for racialized identifying women (Black, Brown and/or Indigenous)/ people of the global majority. This curated retreat is ideal for those who need to recharge and gain a deeper knowledge of themselves. Over the three days, two nights you’ll be invited to change perspective to help you gain clarity on your life as it is and as you would like it to be. It is my hope that you will leave the retreat with new tools and perspectives that will allow you to access your best life.
6:15-6:30 Opening Circle
8:00-9:30 Restorative Yoga & Guided Meditation
7:00- 8:00 am Soul Flow
9:45-10:45 Free Time
11:00-12:30 Creation to Liberation (workshop and practice)
12:30-1:45 pm Lunch
* Walking Meditation at the Garden of the Gods
* Mineral Water Soaking at Sun Water Spa
4:30-5:30 Down Time
8:00- 9:30 Sister Circle: Journal, Yin flow and Nidra session
10:00pm Quiet Time / Packing
7:30- 8:30 am Sunday Service: Surya Namaskar moving meditation
8:45- 9:30 Breakfast
9:30-10:00 Free time/Packing
10:00-10:30 Closing Circle
10:30 - 11:00 Departure
(Travel and transportation are not included, you will have to make your own travel arrangements)
1/2 Day: Saturday: $150.00 ea.
- includes morning practices through lunch only
- Sun Water Spa and evening activities not included
New Friends (shared room): $895.00 per person 4-max
- Double bunk bed
- 2- Double beds
- Shared room/space (4 people)
- Shared closet
- Shared bathroom
Bestie (private room): $1095.00 per person 2-max
- Private room
- Queen Bed (single or double occupancy)
- Shared bathroom
- Amazing view
Included this session…
- Four semi-private yoga sessions inviting you to recharge, revitalize and refresh
- Two curated personal workshops exploring ways to invite clarity and expansion through creativity and meditation .
- Our menus for the weekend will be all plant based, with vegan options available. Friday a warm welcoming dinner will be shared. Saturday you’ll enjoy three high quality, organic meals, with plenty of snacks, drinks and water. Sunday, a comforting breakfast will be shared before our departure.
- All yoga supplies and props will be provided. Eye Pillows will also be provided however please feel free to bring your own.
- All art materials, Journals and pens for creative expression and self reflections.
- Optional excursions to Garden of the Gods and/or Sun Water Spa.
To hold your space a non-refundable deposit of $290.00 is required. Please note, there are no refunds, however you can exchange your attendance for someone else's. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to exchange your attendance for another person.
*Payment plans are also available, please email email@example.com for payment options. You may also set up your own when paying through PayPal.
Manitou and Colorado Springs sits on the territories of the Tséstho’e (Cheyenne) and the Núu-agha-tʉvʉ-pʉ̱ (Ute)
What You’ll need:
- Warm clothing (hiking, yoga ect)
- Swimsuit (Hot Tub & Sun Water Spa)
- Extra Towel (Hot Tub & Sun Water Spa)
- Shoe/Boots for hiking
- Hiking gear (Garden of the Gods)
- Personal items/ Toiletries
- Extra comfort items
- Colorado Springs/ Manitou Springs in April, you'll find slightly cooler (yet still comfortable) temperatures. Averaging temperatures from the low 50s to the high 60s.
- For Sun Water Spa: Please be advised that during thunderstorms or snowstorms, you will be asked to move to the indoor pools until it is safe to be outside. If you are asked to vacate a tub due to weather concerns, including lightning or other inclement weather, you may be issued a voucher to be used at a future date.
About our Space:
- Professionally managed, non-smoking house.
- While Colorado is a Recreational cannabis state, this retreat is cannabis-free.
- 5 min to Garden of the Gods.
- Enjoy the best Mountain Views in town from the backyard hot tub.
- Close to open space, great for running or walking.
1/2 Day Pass: Saturday
7:00- 8:00 am Soul Flow 8:30-9:45 Breakfast 9:45-10:45 Free Time 11:00-12:30 Creation to Liberation (workshop and practice) 12:30-1:45 pm Lunch *does not include Sun Water Spa or evening practices*
New Friends (shared space)
Double bunk bed 2- Double beds Shared room/space (4 people) Shared closet Shared bathroom
Bestie (private room)
Private room Queen Bed (single or double occupancy) Shared bathroom Amazing view